Posted on 7/5/23
Riverfront North Partnership (RNP) seeks a full-time Development Associate to implement an annual fundraising plan that includes grants, an annual fund appeal, and an annual benefit. The Development Associate reports to the Executive Director.
RNP is a nonprofit organization that works with the City of Philadelphia to build and activate the North Delaware River Greenway, a series eight parks and 11 miles of trail in Northeast Philadelphia, with the belief that every Philadelphian should have access to their rivers. RNP is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Development Associate is an integral member of a small and dedicated team and will work closely with the Executive Director to diversify its grant portfolio, annual fund, and annual Spring Fling benefit.
· Write grant applications and reports in support of RNP’s community programs and stewardship activities.
· Maintain development schedule for upcoming deadlines, contract requirements, appeals, and events.
· Manage the Trailblazer annual fund by writing appeals, fulfilling donor pledges, and creating a communications strategy.
· Coordinate the Spring Fling benefit, an annual cocktail party and silent auction for approximately 150 guests and corporate sponsors.
· Maintain the Donor Perfect database by entering gifts and generating reports and mailing lists.
· Support the Board Annual Fund solicitation and acknowledgements.
· Support duties that include general administration and assistance with seasonal “all hands-on deck” programs.
Background and Skills:
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following in their application:
· Strong writing skills with demonstrated experience in making a persuasive call to action.
· Exemplary administration in handling multiple priorities, meeting deadlines, and attention to the details that donors notice.
· Planning successful events from solicitations, donor recognition, vendor management, communications, budget and goals, and myriad day-of tasks.
· Robust relationships with people as donors, friends, volunteers, and colleagues. The candidate must have strong communication and listening skills, as well as discretion with donor information. We look for cultural competency with individuals who have diverse backgrounds and interests.
· Understanding nonprofit budgets, accountability towards annual fundraising goals, and financial reports.
· Proficient with technology including the Microsoft Offices, donor databases, social media platforms, and grant forms.
RNP currently offers a hybrid work environment of nine staff with an office in Port Richmond. Staff often work remotely but are expected to go into the office for administrative duties and meetings as necessary. The ability to be self-directed and independent is essential to maintaining our remote work and flexible schedules. A healthy curiosity about other people’s work, a willingness to support and troubleshoot, and proactive communication are essential to our success. Some evenings and weekends will be required in support of all-staff events.
Due to the scale of the greenway and the lack of public transportation near it, a candidate with a car is strongly preferred. Candidates must have and maintain a valid driver’s license in good standing.
Salary and Schedule:
· $42,000 – $45,000 range annually, commensurate with experience. Exempt with health benefits.
· 10 paid vacation days
· 10 holidays, including the days between Christmas and New Year’s.
· Position is 40 hours per week on a flexible schedule. Ability to work from home regularly, although office meetings and on-site events will be necessary.
Send resume and cover letter to Stephanie Phillips, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 pm on July 28. Include the position title in your email subject. No phone calls please.