Riverfront North currently has one open career opportunity for a Part-Time Event Coordinator.
Please see the description and application process below.
Event Coordinator (part-time)
Riverfront North Partnership (RNP) is seeking a part-time Event Coordinator to assist the organization in delivering a robust calendar of community-based programs throughout our trail and park system.
RNP is a nonprofit organization that works with the City of Philadelphia to build and activate an 11-mile greenway on the Delaware River in Northeast Philadelphia, with the belief that every Philadelphian should have access to their rivers. The greenway is 65% completed and expected to be fully connected by 2024. RNP is gaining momentum for its programs, with the understanding that trail construction will end in the next five years and its future depends on an engaged community and the highest standards of stewardship.
RNP is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Under the direct supervision of the Programs and Partnerships Manager, the event coordinator will help lead and promote community events and volunteer projects in parks along the Delaware River in Northeast Philadelphia.
- Position begins on or about April 1st and continues through approximately September 30th.
- $14/hour at 20 hours per week
- Most events occur during evening hours and on the weekend.
- Schedule can afford some flexibility as approved by the Programs and Partnerships Manager.
- Support the Program and Partnership Manager, Stewardship Manager and partner organization staff lead programs such as volunteer park cleanups and plantings, movie nights, kayaking and biking events, nature walks, park fitness programs and more.
- Assist with the promotion of RNP events using social media, email and community flyering.
- Assist RNP increase our volunteer and Trailblazer base by following up with program participant’s on future opportunities.
- Collect and submit data and participant forms after all events.
- Opportunity to develop additional programming activities to attract new segments of the community to the greenway.
- Assist other RNP staff with work as needed.
- Passionate about open spaces and nature-based programming.
- Ability to lead and engage volunteers and program participants.
- Experience leading and supporting community events or participation in a park friend’s group.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and complete tasks free of supervision, but also collaboratively as needed
- Possesses excellent communication skills and is comfortable interacting with the public.
- Ability to lead volunteers and engage event participants.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Ability to work outside in inclement weather and for extended periods of time
- Ability to bend or kneel for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 pm on Friday, March 19, 2021. Include the position title in your email subject line. No calls please.