Riverfront North Partnership is now hiring for a new Development Coordinator.
Position Overview: The Development Coordinator is an integral member of a small and dedicated team and will work closely with the Executive Director in cultivating donor relationships. The position is primarily focused on writing grants and solicitation appeals and administering the annual Spring Fling benefit. It has the potential for greater responsibility in cultivating donor relationships and prospect research as RNP diversifies its funding base.
- Write grant applications and reports in support of RNP’s community programs and stewardship activities.
- Maintain development schedule for upcoming deadlines, appeals, and events.
- Manage the Trailblazer annual fund by writing appeals, fulfilling donor pledges, and creating a communications strategy.
- Coordinate the Spring Fling benefit, an annual cocktail party for approximately 150 guests.
- Maintain the Donor Perfect database by entering gifts and generating reports and mailing lists.
- Support duties that include general administration, staff planning and assessment, and assistance with seasonal “all hands-on deck” programs.
Background and Skills:
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following in their application:
- Strong writing skills with demonstrated experience in making a persuasive call to action.
- Exemplary organization in handling multiple priorities, meeting deadlines, and attention to the details that donors notice.
- Robust relationships with people as donors, friends, volunteers, and colleagues. The candidate must have strong communication and listening skills, as well as discretion with donor information. We look for cultural competency with individuals who have diverse backgrounds and interests.
- Planning successful events from solicitations, donor recognition, vendor management, communications, budget and goals, and myriad day-of tasks.
- Basic understanding of nonprofit finances and how they relate to grant budgets, annual fundraising goals, and reporting.
- Proficient with technology including the Microsoft Suite, online databases, and grant forms
For the full job description and information about how to apply, please visit our JOBS PAGE.